Barnyard Buddies Volunteers
Barnyard Buddies petting zoo volunteers will interact with Zoo guests as they enjoy meeting our animals up close. Volunteers will monitor
guest interactions as they pet and feed the animals and enforce Zoo polices to keep
everyone safe. Barnyard Buddies animals currently include goats, a rooster, llama, and alpaca.
If accepted as a Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens volunteer, an initial volunteer orientation is required prior to beginning volunteer service. Successful completion of an on-the-job training and introductory period is also required before full acceptance into the Barnyard Buddies petting zoo volunteer position.
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must commit to one shift per week for six months
- Shift time is Monday-Sunday
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. / 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. / 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Participate in volunteer orientation
- Successfully complete introductory period
- Pay a $25.00 training fee for manual and uniform shirt
- Submit an application and accept offered position after an interview
- Abide by policies in the Volunteer Handbook
- Great customer service and ability to work well with visitors
- Interested in educating public about conservation
- Must be able to tolerate Florida's weather conditions
Click here for Barnyard Buddies Petting Zoo Volunteer Application.
Acceptance into the program is based on quality of the application and interview. Interviews will last one hour, and will be conducted at the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, after the application is accepted.
Please call the Volunteer Office at 407.323.4450, ext. 127 or email email@example.com for more information. Applicants must submit a completed Barnyard Buddies Volunteer Application