Giraffe Zoo Ambassador
Zoo Ambassadors are responsible for working with the Animal Care staff and visitors to conduct public giraffe feedings. The volunteer will ensure that the feeding goes well, will educate the public and answer questions, and will be trained to deal with any potential issues that could arise.
- Giraffe Feeding Sales
- Animal Observations
- Facilitation of the public giraffe feedings during 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday-Sunday
- Educate the public about giraffes
If accepted as a Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens volunteer, an initial volunteer orientation is required prior to beginning volunteer service. Successful completion of an on-the-job training and introductory period is also required before full acceptance into the Giraffe Feeding Station volunteer position.
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must commit to one shift per week for six months
- Shift time is 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. / Monday-Sunday
- Participate in volunteer orientation
- Successfully complete introductory period
- Pay a $25.00 training fee for manual and uniform shirt
- Submit an application and accept offered position after an interview
- Abide by policies in the Volunteer Handbook
- Great customer service and ability to work well with visitors
- Interested in educating public about conservation; specifically giraffes
- Must be able to tolerate Florida's weather conditions
Application: Click here for giraffe feeding volunteer application.
Acceptance into the program is based on quality of the application and interview. Interviews will last one hour, and will be conducted at the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, after the application is accepted.
For more information please contact the Volunteer Office at 407.323.4450 ext. 127 or email email@example.com.