Events Manager and Sales & Events Coordinator
Hours per week:
The Birthday Coordinator solicits and oversees the birthday party program to ensure clients and guests consistently experience a high level of hospitality in a celebratory atmosphere. The Coordinator performs clerical duties pertaining to birthday parties, including maintenance and analysis of financial data. Additional guidance is received through established policies and procedures, plus verbal and written communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The employee in this position must be able to perform all the essential job duties listened below; however, this list is not intended to be all-inclusive of the specific tasks that an employee in this position may be expected to perform.
- Be a Zoo ambassador at all times.
- Provide excellent guest services ensuring a positive atmosphere is created and maintained in relation to the party theme or event.
- Present, sell, and book parties to prospective clients via telephone or email.
- Preparing party/event space in advance, including setting up decorations, chairs, tables, etc.
- Recommends ways to reduce cost of running birthday party/events to management.
- Ensure adequate compliance with all fire and safety regulations.
- Assists in securing the party/event area for the event after considering the event’s budget, purpose, and the amount of the expected guests.
- Makes certain that merchandise for the event are adequately supplied from through proper channels.
- Attends to inquiries that may be made by guests and provide positive and accurate information.
- Ensures foods and drinks are adequate and qualitative.
- Carries out a follow-up with guests in order to find out their level of satisfaction with the planning and final execution of the birthday party/event.
- Provides the client with a copy of the final financial receipt.
- Ensures the availability of adequate restroom facilities and toiletries.
- Process credit card or cash payments and prepare receipts.
- Provide guest with booking confirmations and information.
- Investigate and pursue marketing opportunities for parties.
- Customize and provide party invitations to guest if applicable.
- Prepare materials and accommodations for booked party/event; supplies from Guest Services, food and drinks from Ovations, facilitate animal encounters, if necessary.
- Maintain party supply inventory records and perform related recordkeeping.
- Maintain inventory in clean, appropriate storage spaces.
- Create and/or update party itineraries and curriculums to accommodate a diverse clientele.
- Assess and update electronic and printed literature to promote the party adventure at the Zoo.
- Recruit, train and manage team of volunteers to assist with set-up, serving and clean up for parties.
- Facilitate party festivities.
- Maintain, analyze and report data results of party attendance, value and costs.
- Promote birthday parties to guests at onsite display tables.
- Adheres to all Central Florida Zoo Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Must provide a negative drug test result.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail, critical thinking skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Possess excellent people and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to relate to children and adults in an outgoing and friendly manner.
- Able to work well as a team player in a fast-paced, energetic environment, and also work independently.
- Must be able to take direction, both verbally and written.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Able to correctly wear and use appropriate protective equipment if necessary.
- In the capacity of this position, the Coordinator will be required to:
- Clean birthday party room before/after party, including but not limited to, wipe counters and tables, sweep the floor, and take out the trash.
- Set-up/decorate birthday party room; seating arrangements, decorations, game setups, stage serving areas, and stage goodie bags.
- Serve party guests; pizza and drinks, cut and serve cake and bus tables.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings.
Education & Experience:
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience in a customer service related field is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Event Coordination: 2 years (Preferred)
- Party Coordinating: 2 years (Preferred)
- Event Planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ability to respond to common inquiries, requests or complaints from guests and/or staff in a kind and courteous manner.
- Must be able to communicate with guests and staff clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Multi-lingual is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
- Valid Florida State Driver License.
- CPR/First Aid certified or to be obtained within six months of hire.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk distances, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A large percentage of duties are performed outdoors in various weather conditions, ranging from rain, wind, cool to cold weather, and extreme heat and humidity. It is possible the employee will be exposed to dust and harsh chemicals and if not handled properly may present a health hazard. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Central Florida Zoological Society, Inc. (CFZS) reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description pertains to an “at will” position with the CFZS and in no way constitutes a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply, please visit our listing on Indeed.com.
The Central Florida Zoological Society, Inc. (CFZS) is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions related to compensation and all terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender orientation, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and prohibited by the CFZS.